#INFLCR - Episode Five - Origins
On Episode 5 of the Influencer (#INFLCR) docuseries, CEO and founder Jim Cavale sits down with New York Times best-selling author and veteran sports journalist Lars Anderson in an inspirational interview about overcoming odds and turning an ideas into reality through execution.
The picturesque Regions Field baseball stadium in Downtown Birmingham, Alabama is the perfect setting for Cavale to tell the story of how a young boy growing up in Syracuse, New York defied doctors’ diagnosis, moved to Alabama with a dream of professional baseball, and grew into a daring entrepreneur with a drive to impact people to becoming the best versions of themselves.
Anderson, a former Sports Illustrated senior writer, now the longform features writer for Bleacher Reporter, carries Cavale back to a late summer meeting in 2017 with Coach John Calipari and the University of Kentucky men’s basketball team - a moment which helped validate the launch of #INFLCR, a software as a services (SaaS) company, as the right new venture with a limitless future. In this interview, Cavale not only shares stories and benefits of equipping student-athletes to build their brand and their team’s brand, but he revisits his roots, sharing stories of life changing events from childhood, his decision to leaving a school of his dreams to move 1,000 miles away, and lessons he’s learned as an entrepreneur.
- Regions Field – Birmingham, Alabama
- Lars Anderson - Formerly of Sports Illustrated and most recently, Bleacher Report. Contributing writer to The Atlantic, a New York Times best-selling author of eight books and journalism professor at the University of Alabama. (@LarsAnderson71)
MOMENTS NOT TO MISS
- Jim talks about his mother’s battle with kidney failure and cancer.
- The story behind the scar - a childhood head injury
- Cavale’s lessons learned through starting his first business, building Iron Tribe into a national brand and helping his wife Yazmin test and launch her business GLOW.